#2 - Positioning Apparatus
Driver/operators and engineers need to know how to correctly position the apparatus at the emergency scene. This program presents: how to determine the best position for an attack pumper, how to position water supply pumpers, correct pumper positioning for special situations, a demonstration of staging procedures and the tactical and More »
1. To present the factors involved in determining the positioning of attack pumpers. The program presents a demonstration of the factors to consider when positioning the pumper for direct attack at the emergency scene.
2. To demonstrate correct positioning for water supply pumpers. The Driver/Operator must be able to correctly position the pumper at all types of water sources. The program presents the factors that must be considered when positioning at a draft site or at a hydrant water source.
3. To show correct pumper positioning for special situations. The viewer will see how to correctly position a pumper for dual pumping and tandem pumping operations, as well as how to position for sprinkler and standpipe support.
4. To define and demonstrate staging procedures. The Driver/Operator will see correct staging procedures for responding to Level I and Level II incidents; and will see the duties of the Staging Officer at the staging area.
5. To present the tactical and safety considerations of operations on limited access highways. Viewers will see the tactical and safety factors involved in positioning for operations on freeways and busy highways. Special emphasis is placed on how to position to best protect firefighters working at the scene.
Run time - 19:25