Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting, 6th Ed. Book & Exam Prep Package
$93.10 Sale Price
Airport Firefighters, Airport Driver Operators, and Airport Crew Chiefs will use this text to meet the most current NFPA, FARs, and ICAO requirements. The book includes: • 30 Skill Sheets NEW in this edition• Photos, Illustrations and Learning Activities – ALL NEW• Review Questions for all 12 chapters• Exam Prep More »
Airport Firefighters, Airport Driver Operators, and Airport Crew Chiefs will use this text to meet the most current NFPA, FARs, and ICAO requirements.
The book includes:
• 30 Skill Sheets NEW in this edition
• Photos, Illustrations and Learning Activities – ALL NEW
• Review Questions for all 12 chapters
• Exam Prep for students is a separate item
This book provides the information firefighters need to effectively perform the tasks for aircraft rescue and fire fighting and to complete airport firefighter certification. Content includes:
• Familiarization with civilian and military aircraft
• Airport familiarization
• Operating structural and specialized aircraft fire fighting apparatus and equipment
• Safety and aircraft Hazards
• Airport fire and rescue communications
• Rescue tools and equipment including gaining access to aircraft interiors
• Aircraft fuels, aircraft components and extinguishing agents
• Aircraft fire suppression and strategy and tactics including engines, auxiliary power units, wheel assemblies, and rocket engines
• ARFF vehicle driver operator
• Airport emergency planning
• The theory and practice of aircraft fire fighting and rescue operations
The information in this manual is intended to meet the requirements of NFPA 1003: Standard for Airport Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (2015)
NFPA 1002: Standard on Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications (2014) Chapter 9 requirements are also included.
NFPA 402: Guide for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Operations (2013) and NFPA 403: Standard for Aircraft Rescue and Fire-Fighting Services at Airports (2014) are referenced throughout the book.
Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) 139.315, 139.317, 139.139, and the
International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Airport Services Manual, Parts 1 and 7 training requirements are also included.
The Exam Prep
The Exam Prep is designed to be used as a self-study tool for students to prepare for comprehensive exams such as end of course tests or the written portion of certification exams. The Exam Prep content is arranged by Firefighter I and Firefighter II. All items are multiple choice to provide the user plenty of opportunity to practice the way they will be assessed. The answers for each question are in the back of the Exam Prep. This popular student product includes 791 questions divided among all 12 chapters of Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting, 6th Edition. Each question includes the page reference where the correct answer is located in the Aircraft manual so the user can find the topic in the chapter. The Exam Prep was formerly referred to as the Self-Study Guide.
Firefighters Bookstore Item # 36805 PKG