- New Products
- Training DVD's
- Exam Prep
- Fire Colleges
- Department Tests
Emergency Medical Responder: First on Scene, 11th Edition
by Pearson Higher Education
$126.65 Sale Price
**This item will be back in stock late February 2021** Help students think like EMRsThe leader in the field, Emergency Medical Responder: First on Scene provides clear, first responder–level training for fire service, emergency, law enforcement, military, civil, and industrial personnel. The text is based on the new National Emergency Medical Services More »
The leader in the field, Emergency Medical Responder: First on Scene provides clear, first responder–level training for fire service, emergency, law enforcement, military, civil, and industrial personnel. The text is based on the new National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Emergency Medical Responders and includes the 2017 Focused Updates from the American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid. The fully updated 11th edition covers new topics recently introduced into emergency medical responder programs.
New to This Edition
Fundamental EMR skills and knowledge
- New blood pressure guidelines from the American Hospital Association are included in Chapter 12, “Obtaining a Medical History and Vital Signs.”
New medical and administrative topics of the 11th edition
- New topics in Chapter 3, “Wellness and Safety of the Emergency Medical Responder,” include Zika and Ebola, the new Hepatitis B vaccine for adults, and hospice care for patients with terminal illnesses.
- New topics in Chapter 8, “Principles of Effective Documentation,” include HIPAA privacy concerns,error correction on electronic and paper PCRs, and the use of smartphone apps for patient documentation.
- New topics in Chapter 15, “Caring for Respiratory Emergencies,” includes new content on trauma-related respiratory compromise, pulmonary edema, pneumonia, and agonal respirations.
- First on Scene scenarios woven throughout each chapter have been enhanced. They place students in real-life emergency scenarios, offering a perspective unavailable with any other training resource.
- Quick Quizzes at the end of each chapter have been revised to better assess the cognitive objectives. They include multiple-choice questions tied to DOT objectives as well as additional learning tasks.
Firefighters Bookstore Item # 1114-11