This textbook is packaged with Navigate 2 Advantage Access which unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Learn more about Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Based on the National EMS Education Standards and endorsed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response in Emergency Care, Sixth Edition offers complete coverage of every competency statement with clarity and precision in a concise format that ensures student comprehension and encourages critical thinking. The experienced author team and the AAOS medical editors have transformed the Education Standards into a training program that reflects best practices. Using clear, accessible language and proven pedagogical features, the Sixth Edition is the only way to prepare law enforcement personnel, fire fighters, rescue squad personnel, athletic trainers, college students, and laypersons for the challenges they will face in the field. The Sixth Edition delivers:
- Current State-of-the-Art Medical Content. The Emergency Medical Responder, Sixth Edition incorporates current medical concepts to ensure that students are taught assessment and treatment approaches that will help patients in the field today.
- Clear Application to Real-World Medical Response. Each chapter in the Sixth Edition includes four independent case studies that offer students a genuine context for the application of knowledge presented in each chapter. This approach clarifies how the information learned in the chapter will be used to help patients in the field.
- Concept Reinforcement. The Sixth Edition is built on the premise that students need a solid foundation in the basics followed by appropriate reinforcement. For example, the Patient Assessment chapter fully details every step of the patient assessment process. Each medical and trauma chapter then revisits this process and discusses elements of patient assessment that may require extra attention when presented with particular emergencies.
Key content updates to the Sixth Edition include:
- Fully revised to reflect the 2015 ECC/CPR Guidelines
- New information on heroin overdose and use of nasal Narcan
- Enhanced information on excited delirium
- Updated content on bleeding control that emphasizes use of tourniquets
- Spinal motion stabilization recommendations that reflect current standards
- New content on post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dealing with autism spectrum disorders
Product With Access Code © 2018