Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response in Emergency Care - Navigate Advantage Access, Seventh Edition
$172.85 Sale Price
This textbook is packaged with Navigate Advantage Access which unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Learn more about Navigate today at www.jblnavigate.com. Based on the National EMS Education Standards and endorsed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response More »
This textbook is packaged with Navigate Advantage Access which unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Learn more about Navigate today at www.jblnavigate.com.
Based on the National EMS Education Standards and endorsed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response in Emergency Care, Seventh Edition clearly and concisely covers every competency required of students embarking on this vital EMS role. Using clear, accessible language and proven pedagogical features designed for first responders with limited medical training, the Seventh Edition prepares law enforcement personnel, fire fighters, rescue squad personnel, athletic trainers, college students, and laypersons for the medical emergencies they may one day face in the field. The Seventh Edition delivers:
- Current State-of-the-Art Medical Content. Emergency Medical Responder, Seventh Edition incorporates current medical concepts to ensure students understand assessment and treatment approaches that will help patients in the field.
- Clear Application to Real-World Medical Response. Each chapter includes four realistic case studies that challenge students to think critically and analytically and apply what they’ve learned. The Voices of Experience boxes further connect the chapter’s key concepts to the real world.
- Concept Reinforcement. The Seventh Edition is built on the premise that students need a solid foundation in the basics followed by appropriate reinforcement. For example, the Patient Assessment chapter fully details every step of the patient assessment process. Each medical and trauma chapter then revisits this process and discusses elements of patient assessment that may require extra attention when presented with particular emergencies.
Key content updates to the Seventh Edition include:
- Updates to ensure content meets or exceeds the scientific recommendations developed by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and is consistent with the ECC Guidelines as established by the American Heart Association and other resuscitation councils around the world
- A new crew resource management section to address this recently added EMR Education Standard
- Updated coverage of communicable and infectious diseases, including precautions and procedures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Updated illustrations throughout to better reflect the protective equipment required during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Additional attention to fentanyl and first responder safety, including use of naloxone
- A focus on soft skills, with additional coverage relating to the growing concern of suicide risk, among both patients and responders, including discussion of peer support
- Updated discussion of the organizational structures for the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and incident command system (ICS)
Firefighters Bookstore Item # 1604-7A