Fire Fighter Safety and Survival, 3rd Edition
$94.00 Sale Price
Whether you are on the job or in training, Fire Fighter Safety and Survival, Third Edition is a must-have resource for fire fighters, EMS providers, and other safety professionals. Focused on improving the statistics for line-of-duty injuries and fatalities, this book details the 16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives supported by the More »
Whether you are on the job or in training, Fire Fighter Safety and Survival, Third Edition is a must-have resource for fire fighters, EMS providers, and other safety professionals. Focused on improving the statistics for line-of-duty injuries and fatalities, this book details the 16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives supported by the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation (NFFF) and describes a fire fighter life safety program, as well as methods for implementation. Actual scenarios from the fire service put you in the center of life-threatening situations and gives you the skills and knowledge it takes to create positive outcomes from incidents, while promoting a safety culture in your department.
The Third Edition features:
- Vital content that correlates directly with the 16 Fire Fighter Life Safety Initiatives supported by the NFFF and the National Fire Academy’s Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) course objectives and outcomes for the Associate’s (Core) course Principles of Fire and Emergency Services Safety and Survival (C0281). This book delivers the know-how to help you reduce injuries and fatalities within your department.
- Each chapter begins with a Case Study that provides students a means to test their understanding of the chapter concepts in the context of a fictional scenario.
- The knowledge and tools to succeed and make a difference in your department with new and evolving ideas, without sacrificing cherished, longstanding traditions.
- Realistic scenarios and examples shared by the author to provide greater understanding and the opportunity to apply the safety concepts introduced in the chapters.
- Real examples of safety problems and solutions from other industries where high risk, life safety, and human response all come into play, to broaden your horizons and comprehension.
Important new topics were added, including:
- NFPA 3000™, Standard for an Active Shooter/ Hostile Event Response (ASHER) Program
- NFFF Vulnerability Assessment Program (VAP) and United States Fire Administration USFA Risk Management Practices
- New cancer prevention strategies monitoring polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- The use of drones by emergency responders with new Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements
- A discussion on emotional support aligned with NFPA and the American Psychological Association (APA) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5)
©2021, 376 pages
Firefighters Bookstore Item #1051-3