Fire Officer: Principles and Practice Instructor's Toolkit 3rd Edition
$664.95 Sale Price
Preparing for class is easy with the resources on the Instructor's ToolKit CD. The CD includes the following resources: Adaptable presentations (in PowerPoint format) that provide instructors with a powerful way to create presentations that are educational and engaging to their students. These slides can be modified and edited to More »
Preparing for class is easy with the resources on the Instructor's ToolKit CD. The CD includes the following resources:
- Adaptable presentations (in PowerPoint format) that provide instructors with a powerful way to create presentations that are educational and engaging to their students. These slides can be modified and edited to meet instructors' specific needs.
- Lecture Outlines that include all of the topics covered in the text. The lecture outlines can be modified and customized to fit any course.
- Image and Table Bank- Offers a selection of the most important images and tables found in the text. Instructors can use these graphics to incorporate more images into the PowerPoint presentations, make handouts, or enlarge a specific image for further discussion.
- Detailed lesson plans keyed to the PowerPoint presentations with sample lectures, lesson quizzes, and teaching strategies.
- Teaching tips and ideas to enhance your presentation.
- Answers to all Student Workbook questions and the end-of-chapter student questions found in the text.
Your Complete Fire Officer I and II Training Solution!
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are pleased to bring you the Third Edition of Fire Officer: Principles and Practice, the next step in the evolution of Fire Officer I and II training. Covering the entire spectrum of the 2014 Edition of NFPA 1021:Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, the Third Edition includes the following updates:
- Separation of Fire Officer I and II Level content throughout the textbook and student, instructor, and technology resources.
- The latest developments in social media and media relations; NIST research on fire dynamics; fire fighter safety and health issues; and fireground accountability and rapid intervention practices.
- A reorganization of chapters to improve course delivery, including a new chapter on Rules of Engagement.
- New end-of-chapter tools, including Fire Captain (Fire Officer II) activities and comprehensive case studies that progress within each chapter throughout the textbook.
- All new Voices of Experience essays and Near-Miss Reports.
- Addresses the course objectives for FESHE's Principles of Fire and Emergency Service Administration model curriculum.
The following resources will accompany the textbook and help instructors provide their students with an interactive and engaging learning experience:
- Web Tools
- Learning Management System
- Interactive Lectures
Title - Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 Introduction to Fire Officer
Chapter 2 Preparing for Promotion
Chapter 3 Fire Fighters and the Fire Officer
Chapter 4 Fire Officer Communications
Chapter 5 Safety and Risk Management
Chapter 6 Understanding People: Management Concepts
Chapter 7 Leading the Fire Company
Chapter 8 Training and Coaching
Chapter 9 Evaluation and Discipline
Chapter 10 Organized Labor and the Fire Officer
Chapter 11 Working in the Community
Chapter 12 Handling Problems, Conflicts, and Mistakes
Chapter 13 Preincident Planning and Code Enforcement
Chapter 14 Budgeting
Chapter 15 Managing Incidents
Chapter 16 Rules of Engagement
Chapter 17 Fire Attack
Chapter 18 Fire Cause Determination
Chapter 19 Crew Resource Management
Appendix A An Extract from: NFPA 1021: Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications, 2014 Edition
Appendix B NFPA 1021 Correlation Guide
Appendix C Introduction to Fire and Emergency Services (FESHE) Correlation Guide
Firefighters Bookstore Item # 3222-3ITK