Editors: David R. Hague, P.E., and Chad R.W. Duffy, P.E.
Completely revised to support the reorganized Standard, the essential Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook helps you implement the 2019 edition of NFPA 13 smoothly and efficiently.
In a major update, NFPA 13 has been fully reorganized by structuring the technical content in the order you need to do your job. Improve your ability to navigate and apply the milestone 2019 edition of NFPA 13 using the Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook. Unique in the field, the Handbook provides essential know-how and support for all aspects of your work. It's loaded with guidance, expertise, color visuals, and information -- to help ensure you're better prepared to conduct accurate and efficient system design, installation, and testing.
Access the complete NFPA 13 text -- plus commentary from the foremost experts in fire sprinkler engineering, fire testing, and applications today.
The Handbook is your roadmap to the 2019 edition of NFPA 13 and the latest research-based requirements for system design, installation, and acceptance testing. It includes the full, reformatted Standard text along with commentary written by leading industry experts including Wes Baker, Tracey Bellamy, Bob Caputo, Mark Fessenden, Mark Hopkins, Larry Keeping, Kevin Kelly, William Smith, Victoria Valentine, and Terry Victor.
Help reduce risks and avoid fire loss with a wealth of support you won't find anyplace else.
- Hundreds of full-color photos, graphics, and detailed illustrations clarify concepts.
- Artwork provides a detailed look at the starting and stopping points of several NFPA systems including underground mains (NFPA 24) storage tanks (NFPA 22), fixed water spray systems (NFPA 15), fire pumps (NFPA 20), fire sprinklers (NFPA 13), and standpipes (NFPA 14).
- Checklists and worksheets include a plans review feature from the AHJ perspective
- Project workflow diagrams and flowcharts illustrate the progress of a sprinkler project.
- Decision trees on protection for storage shows you how to choose the right sprinkler strategy for any facility.
Other features clarify concepts and make information more accessible.
- Ask the AHJ and FAQs help installers avoid common errors.
- Designer's Corner features take a deep dive into design topics.
- Updated line art improves your understanding of connections.
- Closer Look feature provides further information on specific subjects or issues.
Steer clear of issues that could compromise sprinkler operation with the 2019 edition of the Automatic Sprinkler Systems Handbook.
This is the single most essential water-based fire protection resource ever developed for engineers, designers, contractors, inspectors, and AHJs.
Hardbound, 1,278 pp., 2019