Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals, Revised 3rd edition (Includes Online Access Code)
$80.70 Sale Price
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), Revised Third Edition represents a comprehensive source of prehospital medical information for the emergency care of infants and children. PEPP is designed to give prehospital professionals the education, skills, and confidence they need to effectively treat pediatric patients. Developed by the American Academy of More »
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), Revised Third Edition represents a comprehensive source of prehospital medical information for the emergency care of infants and children. PEPP is designed to give prehospital professionals the education, skills, and confidence they need to effectively treat pediatric patients. Developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, PEPP specifically teaches prehospital professionals how to better assess and manage ill or injured children.
PEPP combines comprehensive medical content with dynamic features and an interactive course to fully prepare prehospital professionals to care for children in the field.
New to the Revised Third Edition:
- Meets 2015 CPR and ECC Guidelines
- The textbook content addresses every pediatric-specific competency statement in the National EMS Education Standards
- Shock and resuscitation content is covered in two separate chapters, placing more emphasis on these critical topics
- A top-flight EMS author team working in conjunction with AAP physician reviewers ensures exceptional medical content with a “street” focus
- A free eBook is included with every printed copy of the Revised Third Edition
- The Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT) represents the essence of the PEPP patient assessment method, which includes assessing appearance, work of breathing, and circulation to the skin
- The Patient Assessment Flowchart provides students with an easy-to-understand reference of the pediatric patient assessment process
- Case Studies provide an opportunity for critical thinking and encourage students to consider how they would treat a similar case in the field
- Procedures provide written step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important BLS and ALS pediatric skills
Interactive Course and Flexible Course Options:
- PEPP Course Coordinators now have the option of offering onsite or hybrid courses
- The hybrid course includes engaging, interactive online modules that students complete before attending the onsite portion of the course for scenarios and hands-on skill stations
- The onsite course includes case-based lectures, live-action video, small group scenarios, and hands-on skill stations
- A new renewal course for providers to keep up-to-date with their skills
The BLS course is geared toward Emergency Medical Responders and EMTs, while the ALS course is ideal for AEMTs and Paramedics. Learn more about the PEPP course at www.PEPPsite.com.
480 pages © 2014
Firefighters Bookstore Item # 1619-3