Personalize learning with MyLab BRADY
MyLab™ BRADY is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts. Learn more.
- Help your students succeed with self-paced interactive exercises. Finally, there’s a better way for students to learn. The Learning Modules in MyLab BRADY allow students to review topics on their own through a self-paced interactive design. Have students practice at home or use them for review in the classroom. MyLab BRADY Learning Modules simply make it easier for your students to learn—and to succeed.
- Understand how your students make decisions. Decision-Making Cases take EMT students through real-world scenarios they will likely encounter. These branching cases give students the opportunity to gather patient data and make decisions that would affect their patients’ health.
- Support the learning needs of individuals and the entire class. Instructors can view students’ results by chapter, outcome, homework, and more, to help identify where more classroom time is needed.
- Access all of the multimedia resources for your textbook in one place. To help you build assignments, or add an extra engaging element to your lectures, each MyLab BRADY course comes with a Multimedia Library that lets students and instructors quickly search through resources and find supporting media.
- Digital access anytime, anywhere. The Pearson eText gives students access to their textbook anytime, anywhere. In addition to note taking, highlighting, and bookmarking, the Pearson eText offers interactive and sharing features. Rich media options let students watch lecture and example videos as they read or do their homework. Instructors can share their comments or highlights, and students can add their own, creating a tight community of learners in your class. The Pearson eText companion app allows existing subscribers to access their titles on an iPad or Android tablet for either online or offline viewing.
NEW! On-the-go study option. Chapter-audio presentations let students listen to their Pearson eText anytime and anywhere—through their computer, tablet, or smartphone.
About the Book
Supports on-the-job skills with step-by-step instructions and other practical tips, tools, and guides
- “Assessment Tips” and “Assessment Summaries” offer clinical insights needed to accurately evaluate medical conditions and link findings to conditions.
- “Pathophysiology Pearls” explain the causes of medical conditions and injuries so EMTs can best assess signs and symptoms and make the right decisions for each patient.
- “Case Study” and “Case Study Follow-Up” emphasize key concepts from the chapter, provide a link between the text and real-life situations, and deliver accompanying pathophysiology notes that explain the “why” of signs, symptoms, and recommended emergency care.
- “Drug Profiles” give specifications for common medications, including medication name, indications, contraindications, medication form, dosage, administration, actions, side effects, and reassessment protocols.
- “EMT Skills” and “Emergency Care Protocols” provide step-b